Upcoming SHARP Logger Training
SHARP Logger Core Programs
To achieve SHARP Logger standing, participants must complete all three core classes, for a total of 18 credit hours. Core Classes are offered as a set, but can be taken in any order and at any location. For more information, call 540-231-6494 or e-mail Karen Snape.
- Scott County Details pending.
- Clifton Forge 12 Noon-6pm on Wednesdays 11/3, 11/10, and 11/17. Dabney S. Lancaster Community College. Clifton Forge Core Flier
SHARP Logger Continuing Education Programs
Continuing Education classes are for individuals who have completed the core program. To maintain their standing, SHARP Loggers must earn 12 credit hours of continuing education (CE) training during each three year period following the completion of the core classes, including a REQUIRED 3 credit hour SHARP Logger Update Class. For more information, call 540-231-6494 or e-mail Karen Snape.
Required SHARP Logger Update Class 3 CE Credit Hours
Other SHARP Logger Continuing Education Programs
- Mid-Atlantic Logger Training Webinar Series A series of live webinars 6:30-8:00 on the 4th Tuesday of each month. (1 CE each, up to 8 CE total) See topics and sign up using the MALT Flier.
- Logging Safety & Legal Issues - Nov. 5, Colonial Heights (est. 5 CE) cosponsored by VLA
- Trucking Safety - Nov. 12 City of Franklin (3 CE). See above.
- Area Logger Day w/ Chainsaw Safety - December 7, South Boston, Halifax Co. (6 CE). Register in advance for sponsored lunch. December Logger Day 2021 Flier
- Topics in Sustainable Forestry - December 16, Martinsville (3 CE). See above.
- None at this time
- Think something you attended should count for Continuing Education credits? Check the SHARP Logger CE Requirements and use the CE Form, along with a certificate, sign-in sheet, agenda, or other proof to request credit.