Upcoming SHARP Logger Training
SHARP Logger Core Programs
To achieve SHARP Logger standing, participants must complete all three core classes, for a total of 18 credit hours. Core Classes are offered as a set, but can be taken in any order and at any location. For more information, call 540-231-6494 or e-mail Karen Snape.
- August in Appomattox 12 Noon-6pm on Tuesdays 8/17, 8/24, and 8/31. Appomattox 2021 Flier
- September or October in Scott County Details pending.
- Oct/Nov in Clifton Forge 12 Noon-6pm on Wednesdays 10/27, 11/3, and 11/10. Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
SHARP Logger Continuing Education Programs
Continuing Education classes are for individuals who have completed the core program. To maintain their standing, SHARP Loggers must earn 12 credit hours of continuing education (CE) training during each three year period following the completion of the core classes, including a REQUIRED 3 credit hour SHARP Logger Update Class. For more information, call 540-231-6494 or e-mail Karen Snape.
Required SHARP Logger Update Class 3 CE Credit Hours
- Online SHARP Logger Update This is a recording of the May 15th Update Webinar. Watching the entire webinar can count as a required SHARP Logger Update. Find it on the Online Training page.
- Augusta: July 9, 2021. Augusta 2021 Flier
- Galax: August 4, 2021. Galax 2021 Flier
- Roanoke: August 7, 2021 at the VLA Conference
- Culpeper: August 13, 2021. Culpeper 2021 Flier
- Russell County: August 27, 2021. Russell County 2021 Flier
- King & Queen: September 17, 2021
- Franklin (City): November 12, 2021.
- Southwest Virginia: November or December, TBD.
Other SHARP Logger Continuing Education Programs
- Mid-Atlantic Logger Training Webinar Series A series of live webinars 6:30-8:00 on the 4th Tuesday of each month. (1 CE each, up to 8 CE total) See topics and sign up using the MALT Flier.
- Area Logger Day w/ Chainsaw Safety - July 23, Southside TBD (6 CE)
- Legal Issues for Logging Businesses - August 6, VLA Conference, Roanoke (CE TBD)
- Hardwood Management - Two chances: July 9 in Augusta, and Aug. 13 in Culpeper. See above. (3 CE)
- Trucking Safety - August 27 in Russell County. See above. (2 CE)
- Topic TBD - Three chances: Aug. 4 in Galax, Sept. 17 in King & Queen, and Nov. 12 in City of Franklin (3 CE).
- None at this time
- Think something you attended should count for Continuing Education credits? Check the SHARP Logger CE Requirements and use the CE Form, along with a certificate, sign-in sheet, agenda, or other proof to request credit.