Upcoming SHARP Logger Training
COVID19 Update: As of 8/20/2020:
- Hybrid Core Class - SHARP Logger will be offering the Logger Safety module of the Core Class online via Zoom, and the BMPs & Preharvest Planning module of the Core Class in person at Reynolds Homestead. See "SHARP Logger Core Programs" below, or click here for flier.
- SHARP Logger Update Class - the required 3-credit SHARP Logger Update Class is now available online, on-demand. This is a recording of the May 15th Update Webinar. Find it on the Online Training page.
- The 5.5 CE Credit Logging Safety Seminar (originally scheduled for June 24th) has been rescheduled a second time and will be held in-person in Colonial Heights on October 2nd. Registration required. Flier available here. Register by emailing email@example.com (prefered) or calling 540-231-6494.
- The Richmond Expo has been rescheduled a 2nd time by the event organizers. The Expo is now scheduled for May 2021.
- Please check back often as we receive further guidance and make determinations.
SHARP Logger Core Programs
To achieve SHARP Logger standing, participants must complete all three core classes, for a total of 18 credit hours. Core Classes are offered as a set, but can be taken in any order and at any location. For more information, call 540-231-6494 or e-mail Karen Snape.
- Hybrid Core Class Online & at Reynolds Homestead. The Core Class set begun at Reynolds Homestead in March will be finished with a hybrid class in September. On 9/11/20, we will offer Logger Safety virtually, with a live zoom webinar. On 9/18/20, we will offer BMPs and Pre-Harvest Planning in person at Reynolds Homestead (limited seating). Click here for flier.
- Online Core Program We have started working on an entirely-online Core program to be offered Oct. 21, Oct. 28, and Nov 4. More details will be posted as they become available.
SHARP Logger Continuing Education Programs
Continuing Education classes are for individuals who have completed the core program. To maintain their standing, SHARP Loggers must earn 12 credit hours of continuing education (CE) training during each three year period following the completion of the core classes, including a REQUIRED 3 credit hour SHARP Logger Update Class. For more information, call 540-231-6494 or e-mail Karen Snape.
Required SHARP Logger Update Class 3 CE Credit Hours
- Online SHARP Logger Update This is a recording of the May 15th Update Webinar. Watching the entire webinar can count as a required SHARP Logger Update. Find it on the Online Training page.
- Richmond/Tappahannock - We are working to confirm location and speakers to offer the required SHARP Logger Update Class on December 11, 2020 in the Tappahannock area.
Other SHARP Logger Continuing Education Programs
- Logging Safety Seminar - Friday October 2, 2020 in Colonial Heights. Sponsored by VLA. Click here for Flier. Registration required: SHARPLogger@vt.edu or 540-231-6494
- Richmond Logging Expo - Postponed until May 2021.