SHARP Logger Online Training
To view the online training, click on the link for the presentation you would like to view. The presentation will open up in a new window and begin playing automatically. Make sure that you have your speakers turned on so that you can hear the audio. The presentation will automatically advance forward and will stop at several points for a quiz question. You must answer the quiz correctly in order to continue through the program.
After completing the training click on the appropriate link to receive CE credits. This will open up a new window with a survey form. Follow the directions on the survey form to submit for SHARP Logger CE credits. You will need to enter your name and SHARP logger number and submit the survey to receive SHARP Logger CE credits. If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Vinson at 540-231-6494 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you are completing the training for SHARP Logger CE credits, after submitting the survey at the end of the training, your information will be stored in the list of participants taking the class. This DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE to the Website, so it may be a while before you notice that your CE credits change in the online SHARP Logger database.
You will need to have an internet browser such as Internet Explorer (5.5, 6, or 7 Windows) or Firefox (1.5 or 2.x Windows or Mac) and the adobe flash player. Click on the links to download the most recent versions of the adobe software for free.
Also note: If your internet browser has the pop up blocker feature enabled you may need to turn off the Pop Up Blocker so that the survey form at the end of the training will open up properly. In Internet Explorer, you can do this by clicking on TOOLS then going down and select POP UP BLOCKER and then checking the box to TURN OFF POP UP BLOCKER.
Please Note: You may only take each online class once per 3 year SHARP logger renewal period. In addition, a maximum of 9 CE credits can be earned through online trainings. SHARP Loggers must attend the SHARP Logger Update class at least once during each 3 year renewal period.
CE credits are not automatically updated online. It may take several days to a week or more before the CE credits are updated online.
Classes Currently Available:
- ***NEW*** BMPs for Temporary Haul Roads and Skid Trial Closeout - ***Note - Internet Explorer will not work properly with this training, you will need to use another browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome
- Limbing and Topping Safety (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit) - ***Note - Internet Explorer will not work properly with this training, you will need to use another browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Forestry BMPs: Applied Research Results (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit)
- How to Conduct a Deed Search (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit)
- Laws Affecting Water Quality and Forestry Operations in Virginia (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit)
- Basic Timber Cruising - Timber Inventory & Assessment (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit)
- Basic Chainsaw Safety & Directional Felling (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit) (SAF certificate no longer available.)
Protecting Water Quality With Best Management Practices in Virginia (1 SHARP Logger CE Credit)